Are you looking for more action on Pinterest? If the behemoth content sharing platform is part of your business marketing strategy, I bet the answer is a big fat HELL YES!
I recently started a personal blog to document my DIY and cooking projects, Live From Julie’s House. Since DIY, decorating and cooking are all HUGE categories on Pinterest (and that was primarily what I was pinning anyway), I decided to convert my existing personal account to a business account. It’s easy to do and gives you access to all kinds of helpful analytics.
(this post contains affiliate links)
Prior to starting the blog, I would say I was a casual pinner…. I would randomly pin at least a few things every day. I knew Pinterest could potentially drive a lot of traffic to my new blog, so I decided to get a little more serious about it. I kept hearing about Boardbooster , which is a scheduling tool for Pinterest and I decided to give it a whirl.
How it works:
- Once you set up your account with Boardbooster, decide which boards you pin to regularly and represent your brand the best.
- Connect those boards to Boardbooster
- Boardbooster will create a “secret” board with the same names as the boards you choose.
- Decide how many times per day you want each board to pin to it’s corresponding public board; but don’t worry, it’s easy to edit it later if you change your mind. The default setting is between 10am and 8pm, but you can edit that too.
- Load up your “secret” boards with pins.
- Boardbooster will push your pins from the “secret” board to the public board at the best times for people to see them, and they will be spread out so you’re not flooding your followers’ feeds.
- Rinse and repeat.
I’ve been using Boardbooster for about 2 weeks now, and the results are AMAZING – my impressions have gone up 558% and I’ve picked up over 100 new followers. The numbers are continuing to grow and as I build up and pin more of my own original content, I’m seeing more traffic to my blog.
You have to keep funneling pins into your secret boards for this to work, so I try to set aside little chunks of time each day to tackle this.
Boardbooster also offers something called “looping”, which recycles older pins on very large boards as well as “campaigns”, which will schedule pins to your group boards – I’ll be checking out these features in upcoming weeks. They also email you helpful little daily and weekly reports so you can see how your boards are performing.
Overall – I LOVE it! It’s easy to use, the results are impressive and you can try it out for FREE. If you like it, you can upgrade to paid version for just $5 a month which will give you 500 pins per month. What are you waiting for? Give it a try and let me know how it works for you.